Thursday, January 22, 2009

Time really DOES fly

I realized it's been almost two weeks already since Alyssa's birthday and I haven't written anything about her big day. Yes, I've been busy. But, I also think the whole thing is a little emotional for me, you know? I mean, wow, it's amazing how FAST time really DOES FLY! Of course when you're pregnant or taking care of an infant everyone tells you the time will fly. And you know in your head that the years will pass quickly. But in the middle of feedings, diapers, baths, diapers, playing, diapers, sleeplessness, and...diapers - it kind of feels like you will have a baby forever! But then the baby learns to sit up, to crawl, to walk. And, before you know it you're having complete conversations with the tiny toddler in the back seat as you're running errands around town. And then she turns three and you feel like you haven't even had time to blink. A few weeks ago I actually asked Alyssa if she would PLEASE stop growing and she said YES! So, I'm going to try to hold her to that! :)

The party was a lot of fun. Alyssa's family and a couple of friends gathered to wish her a Happy Birthday. She had a cake with Rocket from the Little Einsteins on it...something she was REALLY looking forward to. Grandma bought her and her doll, Millie, matching birthday dress outfits. And, of course, Alyssa received lots of wonderful gifts. It was a precious sight to see this little girl SO EXCITED about having a birthday. I couldn't help but think of the words in the Bible about Mary, the mother of Jesus. They didn't have digital cameras or scrapbooks or videos on DVD back then. But, I love how the Bible takes time to focus on how the Mommy was feeling during all of the incredible events that took place after Jesus' birth. Luke 2:19 says, "Mary quietly treasured these things in her heart and thought about them often." Now there's a true Mommy Moment, huh? I'm so fortunate to have pictures and recordings of the special events in my child's life. And, some day I'll get around to getting them scrapbooked for posterity - some day! But, I will always quietly treasure these things in my heart and think about them often!

2 comments:

natfos6 said...

time does fly. Enjoy EVERY minute. my "little" girl will be graduating high school in a few months....it has been a joy to watch her blossom into the beautiful young woman. I thank God everyday for the gift of motherhood......enjoy your little angel, before you know it she will be grown!!

Angela Nazworth said...

That's so sweet