Tuesday, January 13, 2009


Thank You Notes!

Why is it that a simple act of gratitude seems like such a HUGE task to take on? Here we are almost three weeks after Christmas and I haven't even begun to construct my list for Thank You notes. And, it's not like I have hundreds of people to write to. So, why does it seem like an impossible mountain instead of a fun mole hill? I really am so thankful for all of the wonderful gifts our family received this year. And, I really, REALLY want the precious friends and family members who gave them to us to KNOW how thankful I am. And, yet, it still seems like a chore. Like something I HAVE to do rather than a joyful expression of my thankfulness. What is wrong with me?! Am I alone in this? I probably should have used the time I just spent blogging on busting out a few thank you notes, right? I'm thinking time management is my biggest issue here.

I guess part of what makes it seem like a chore is that we just got our Christmas cards out of the way and that was definitely a sprint. And, Alyssa's birthday was on Saturday. So, now I need to add those gifts to the list. OR is it bad form to send a combined thank you for the Christmas Gift AND the Birthday Gift note? Probably so, huh? I guess there's no better way to get it done than to just jump in and get started!

What's your system for getting fun and meaningful thank you notes in the mail in a timely manner? Oh, and while you're here...THANK YOU for reading our blog and THANK YOU for Doing Life with the Traceys!

No comments: