Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sinus Trouble

How can one little part of your body cause SO much pain? It all started for me Tuesday evening with some sneezing and a scratchy throat. By Tuesday night I knew I was in trouble. Wednesday morning...no question...I had either a sinus infection or a serious cold. Regardless, my face felt like a Mack Truck had tried to drive through it and every time I coughed or sneezed...well let's just say it wasn't pretty. The Mommy side of me is so concerned that Jeremy will get whatever I've got. And that means that our daughter, Alyssa, is right behind him. And, her birthday is on Saturday! I really don't want my little girl to be sick on her birthday! What Mama would want that? So, I'm doing a lot of kisses on the back of the head so I don't pass on my yucky germs. And, I'm surprised I have any skin left on my hands with all the washing and sanitizing! This morning the plight continues and I'm seeing it as an opportunity to whine a little bit. I know I know, what's new right? Actually, I'm feeling a little bit better and may even be able to trudge into work this afternoon. I wonder if anyone would mind if I show up in my jammies? :)

Seriously, the pain and dizziness are reminding me of something. They're making me think of my dear friend in South Carolina who is battling breast cancer for the second time. The tumor is refusing to shrink this time and is causing chronic daily pain for my sweet girlfriend. And, whenever she tries to treat the pain, her body reacts severely to the pain medication. I'm also reminded of many other friends and family members who face debilitating pain every single day. So, yes, I feel yucky. Yes, my face and head ache. Yes, it's OK to whine and let my husband go out for soup from Panera to make me feel better. But, I'm also reminded of the gift of my health the other 90 percent of the year. Usually I can jump up and do whatever I want to do. I'm training for my first 5K and it's actually something I have the ability (if not yet the endurance) to do. Usually I can walk around my house getting things done without feeling dizzy and lightheaded. Usually. So, while I'm really looking forward to the return of "normal", I'm also thanking God that I have a "normal" to return to. How about you?

Have a healthy day!!!! Jill <><

No comments: