Thursday, July 16, 2009

Things you DON'T say to a three-year-old!

The other day Alyssa and I were in the car where we tend to have some pretty deep Mommy/Daughter conversations. Is it like that for you and your kiddos? Anyway, Alyssa wanted to know if Mommies and Daddies sometimes have time-outs too. I told her that no, grown-ups don't usually get time-outs for bad choices but that there are other consequences we face for doing something we shouldn't or for not doing something we should. This of course prompted a VERY CUTE "like what, Mommy?" So, the first thing that came to mind was showing up for work. I told her, "Well, if Mommy decided not to go to work when she was supposed to she could lose her job, you know...I could get fired." Yeah, I totally wasn't thinking when I said the word fired! But without missing a beat Alyssa came right back with, "But I would save you from the fire, Mommy!" Does it get any cuter than that? :) Of course I then had to explain for the rest of the ride home why being fired doesn't mean actually being SET on fire. But, that initial response kept me glowing the rest of the day!

No comments: