Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Watch out Bob and Larry!

OK, I've started something new today and I need for you not to laugh at me hysterically. I'm going to try a vegan diet for 40 days (and 40 nights as Alyssa said when I was talking about it with her Daddy). Basically I'm cutting out all milk, egg, and meat products during this time. This also means most sugars and goodies since so many of them are made with at least one of these products. Jeremy thinks I'm a little on the loopy side for doing this but I'm curious. How much of a difference will it make in the way I feel? I'm not just talking about weight loss - although I am hoping that will come into play here. I'm wondering about my struggle with allergies and sinus headaches, energy levels, and dealing with pain due to Fibromylagia, etc. Will I be better able to keep up with my 3 1/2 year old? Will I just have a healthier me in the long run if I stick to mostly raw fruits and veggies and whole grain foods? So, today's the day! And, I'm making it really hard on myself by blogging about it. For the next 40 days I'm going to try to blog at least a small blurb about what I ate that day simply for accountability. And, other days I may also include the struggles I'm facing in keeping to this plan or, hopefully, the benefits I'm realizing as a result! So, please pray for me. Granted, today is day one but...so far so good. I can only do this with God's help and strength, though, so there's some direction for prayer if you feel so inclined! Thanks! Jill <><

No comments: