Thursday, July 30, 2009

The journey of the 40-Day Vegan begins

So far, so good. It's really not bad. Yesterday was day one and here's what I ate:

Breakfast
Handful of cashews
Handful of dried cranberries
Bowl of Shredded Wheat with Almond Drink
Coffee with cinnamon and Almond Drink

Snack
Couple bites of a big banana

Lunch
2 TBS All Natural Peanut Butter (I tried to find another kind of nut butter at Wal-Mart, but I'll have to look elsewhere for that)
1 TBS all-fruit spread
1 Tortilla (realized my whole wheat bread had milk products in it...again, will have to look for an alternative)
1 serving plain Sun Chips
2 TBS Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Fresh Veggies
3/4 of a Peach
Water

Snack
The rest of that banana
1 serving raisins
1 serving almonds
Vanilla/Caramel Tea
Water

Supper
Veggie Lover's pre-packaged salad topped with sunflower seeds, blueberries, and a raspberry vinaigrette
1 smallish baked potato topped with Salsa
A few Kashi garlic crackers (kind of like Triscuits)
Water and a little bit of Alyssa's organic low-sugar berry lemonade she wanted me to try

Snack
A bag of simply salted all-natural microwave with no butter or milk products that I sprinkled with Old Bay Seasoning
Water

Struggles so far: Called to RSVP for my cousin's wedding and they had no vegetarian option for dinner.
Solution: I ordered the roast beef. I'll give my beef to Jeremy and hopefully there will be a baked potato or something else that I can eat. Also, I'm hoping Jeremy will let me eat his salad as well as my salad and maybe there will some whole grain bread or something.

No comments: