Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Is that what I ordered?

Just got back from a quick run to Arby's. It's been a crazy day...dozens of errands and work projects to wrap up before leaving on vacation tomorrow morning. So, of course, in all the chaos I forgot my healthy, pre-portioned, whole grain lunch at home in the freezer. No problem...had to go back out for a couple of things anyway and decided to pick up a sandwich and drink. So, I ordered the small combo to save a little money because, let's face it, a dollar at Arby's doesn't go nearly as far as it does at, say, McDonald's. I thought at least I'll be smart and get the SMALL in order to conserve a little on the fat and calories. Well, I thought I was ordering the small. When I received my order I was given a drink that I believed would be a medium by today's standards and what would have been considered a large soda a few years ago. I asked just to make sure and the lady helping me said, "Oh, yeah, that's a small. They get a LOT bigger than that!"

I can't BELIEVE how large the drinks and food servings are getting these days. And then we wonder why we're all struggling with our weight? It's crazy!!! I do have to say I made at least ONE wise dietary choice by giving away half of the fries to Jay, our promotions intern. He's young...he'll burn it off, right?

Note to self...order salads and water on the road trip!

Hey, have a great week and a very happy Fourth of July celebration with your family. After today Jeremy and I will be off for several days. We're looking forward to being back on the air on Monday, July 13 for Doing Life with the Traceys on 91.5 WCIC!

No comments: