Thursday, February 19, 2009

Free to be Me


Have you ever noticed how we can base our opinions of ourselves on how we’re performing at the moment? I'm training to run a 5-K in a couple of months and I've had lots of ups and downs. One day I'm able to run a mile and a half. Then, the next time I go to the gym, I can’t even push myself to run one mile!


I've realized that on the days I do well I feel great about myself. I feel fit and like what I see in the mirror. But, on the days I struggle and, in my mind, FAIL, I'm down on myself in almost every conceivable way. It’s all based on my performance in one small area of my life. Have you ever been there? It reminds of the song we're playing right now by Francesca Battistelli, "Free to be Me". The line that says, "perfection is my enemy". Oh, I can SO resonate with that lyric!

Aren’t you glad God loves us no matter what? No matter how well our workout goes…no matter what promotion we get or don’t get…no matter how our children behave or MISbehave...no matter how we feel about ourselves!The Bible says God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. And it says His love for us is forever! Maybe that will help us feel differently about ourselves!

No comments: