Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Caribbean Dreamin'

Our daughter, Alyssa, posing on an island in the Caribbean
I LOVE days like today and yesterday. The sky is SO blue. The breeze is JUST right. The sun is warm but gentle and the birds' songs are melodious. You would think I'd love for the weather to be like this all the time. Well of course I would, there's just one problem...I can't get anything DONE! Are ya feelin' me? Every thirty seconds I stop typing, researching, show-prepping, or whatever, and just stare out the window at this picture perfect day.

There's nothing at all to complain about, I guess I'm just wondering if it's OK to daydream off and on throughout the workday because I've been revisiting the island in the Caribbean Jeremy, Alyssa, and I got to enjoy in February on our big family vacation. This weather puts me right back there and I want to start looking for some seashells and building a sand castle. Anybody wanna join me? We'll just be gone for a few minutes and then it's back to work.

What's your favorite thing to do on a day like today?

No comments: