Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Taking advantage of those little moments

Got a chance to snuggle with Alyssa this morning and I'm still riding on that high. Isn't it invigorating to spend even a few moments with your child just tickling, hugging, kissing, and talking? I'm determined to spend more and more time each day focusing on these activities. And why not? It makes Alyssa feel secure in who she is and in the love her mommy (and daddy after snuggle time with him - see a small example in the photo) has for her and it completely energizes me! It's better than coffee, exercise, or even a girls' night out. So, why don't I do it more? Ah the struggles of balancing work, home, and family, huh?

What's your favorite way to connect with your child?

Oh, and a reminder...if you posted a comment on Friday, April 17's blog entry, I need to know where to send your 91.5 WCIC reusable shopping bag! Email me your address at jill@wcicfm.org!

Wishing you lots of kiddie cuddles today!!! Jill <><

No comments: