Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Running Update ~ 3.11 MILES!!!

Just a quick note to let you know...I DID IT!!!! This past Saturday morning with Jeremy at my side I "ran" (slowly jogged) the entire length of my 5-K race in preparation for the Lakeview Planetary Run coming up on Saturday, April 4!! I absolutely could NOT have done it without Jeremy encouraging me and cheering me on every step of the way or, of course, without Jesus! :) I'm thrilled to know that I can actually cover the distance (on the treadmill at least) and hope now to simply better my time. It took me approximately 47 minutes to go 3.11 miles on Saturday. I know, I know, pathetic! :) But, wouldn't it be cool if I could shave off at least 5 minutes when I do the actual Run? Only time will tell - no pun intended! Thanks for your support in my training. And, don't forget to send us your Getting Healthy in '09 goal. Just go to the Doing Life with the Traceys page at www.wcicfm.org to find out all the details on how you can win an iPod Nano and a Running Central Family Footwear Fourpack!

Running for my health and to win the Ultimate Prize...Jill