Monday, February 7, 2011

Sometimes a song can say it all...

I can remember hearing the song "Candle in the Rain" by David Meece the summer before I started Bible College back in Renaissance times. Seriously, it was quite a while ago...we're talking the fall of 1988 - maybe you weren't even born yet. There's a good chance that's true.

Anywho...I had never really heard contemporary Christian music before (besides listening to the occasional Amy Grant album at my friend Heather's house during jr. high and high school) and this was like a breath of fresh air. A song that wasn't a hymn, that was more like something I would hear on the radio. And, that song perfectly described the way a relationship with Jesus could be. I remember my eyes instantly filling with tears and the constant requests of my roommate to put that cassette tape back in her cool boom-box-stereo-thingy. I was simply amazed. When did this type of music come to be? Little did I know back then when everything was still in black and white that one day I'd be working in the Christian music industry. God works things out, doesn't He?

So, how about you? What song has had a life-changing impact on you? Maybe it was the song that got you through a painful divorce, the death of a loved one, or a serious and scary medical journey. We want to hear your story. Tell us how a song you've heard recently on 91.5 WCIC has been THE song for you and you might be a part of our audio-visual promotional pieces for Sharathon, our Spring Fundraiser. And, those chosen will receive a special “Thank You” gift including some cool station gear, a travel mug, a wireless mouse, and a couple of CDs!

Leave your story here as a comment or on the Doing Life with the Traceys page on Facebook. And, thanks for sharing the music!!!

No comments: