Monday, November 16, 2009

It's Time for Barbie to GO!

That's right, I'm taking a stand against a doll! No, I'm not banishing Barbie from my home. Believe me, I tried to keep the golden haired menace away for as long as possible. But, Alyssa loves her "Darbies" and I've decided it's just better not to make a big deal out of it and potentially create a problem where currently there isn't one .

However, I AM banning Barbie from the shower! You see, Alyssa, recently started including her Barbie dolls in her bath time. She loves pretending they're swimming, dancing, appearing on TV, or just taking a bath. Here's the problem: after bath time all the toys get scooped up into a big, green, plastic turtle that allows them to be rinsed off and hung to dry. So, every time I step into the shower, at least one of those Barbies is staring right at me. Barbie…the very picture of a physical ideal that for most women is simply unattainable. That’s what I see first thing in the morning. Kind of intimidating.

Well, since I just started taking some serious steps toward getting healthy, I need all the encouragement I can get. And, I've decided that this icon of impossibility just isn’t cuttin’ it! So, starting today, the Barbies are going to find her own “special place” to dry out after Alyssa’s baths. I think they should consider themselves fortunate that it's not in the recycling bin!

No comments: