Thursday, December 11, 2008

Will my child ever be potty trained?
I've heard so many things from so many people...do it when she's ready...the training doesn't start until the diapers come off...use candy as a reward...don't use candy as a reward! I think my favorite bit of advice came from a friend of ours in North Carolina - just don't potty train her at all. That way you don't have to worry about dates bringing her home late when she's a teenager. :) I guess the frustrating part is that Alyssa was doing so well and now doesn't seem to want to go on the potty at all no matter how many treats and prizes and big girl panties we promise and even show her. So, I think for now I'm going to relax and enjoy the Christmas Season. Potty Training will wait until after the Holidays, right? If you have any ideas I'd love to read 'em! Thanks!


In Christ,

Jill <><

3 comments:

Mike1974 said...

Dear Jill and Jeremy,

I know your trials with potty training. Our Daughter is two and a half and will sit on the potty but, after she has already gone or whenever she feels like it besides when she has to go. I guess we'll just have to let nature take it's course.

Mike

Jill Tracey said...

Yes, I think that's the best route...she'll do it when she's ready, right? :) Happy New Year, Mike and thanks for the Comment!

Jill <><

Rebekah said...

Dear Jill, and Jeremy,
My niece is two, and she has already been potty trained. The way that my sister trained her, was, my niece always watched her mom, then decided she wanted to do it. Now, she always "wants" to go potty on the big girl potty because everybody else does it.

-Rebekah