Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The 40 Day journey comes to an end!


So my 40 Day Vegan experiment came to an end on Sunday and I thought surely I had overcome any desire for meat and dairy products. Surely I would continue my quest for all things healthy. Surely my taste buds had turned toward more sophisticated fare. And then we went to The Spotted Cow in Peoria yesterday. Of course, Monday's special is my favorite, the chicken cheese quesadilla and tortilla chips. So, I ordered that without even thinking. In my defense, I did share it with Alyssa. But, then...well, I'd already had meat AND dairy, so why not have some ice cream too? And, while we're at it, put that toffee coffee and mocha me crazy in a waffle cone. YES!

Apparently I need to reign things in before they get way too out of hand. But, I have to say, that WAS a pretty good meal. I'm just not sure if I should be disappointed in myself.

No comments: