Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Can't believe it's been a week!

Day 8 and things are going well. I'm really not missing meat or dairy products. I think the hardest thing about following the Vegan Diet is just finding things that have no animal products in them whatsoever. Other than that...it's pretty yummy. I've been eating some of the Amy's Soups and Burritos - the ones that specifically say VEGAN in the ingredients listing. And, hummus is my new best friend. :) Coconut Milk is definitely better than the Almond Drink. But, I think I'll prefer the original organic version over the Vanilla flavored. The Vanilla tastes just a little too artificial for me. So next time I'm going for the original!

During my 40 Day Vegan journey I've been getting a lot of help from friends. Coleen brought me some delicious Vegan breads from the Peoria Bread Company. Tasha made a Vegan cake which was scrumptious. And, yesterday, I received two books in the mail from my sister-in-law, Aubry! They're all about following a Vegan diet and making it easy for yourself. There are also a TON of Vegan recipes, so I'm looking forward to diving into those. When I wrote to thank Aub for the books she said she was excited when she heard about my experiment because she and my brother, Eric, do a lot of Vegan eating AND she said, "You can't live off nuts, hummus and dried fruit all the time. Nor can you live off salads. Variety is a key...!" Thanks for looking out for me, Aubry! Thank you everyone for your help and encouragement! Please keep praying for me when you think about it. Quite a ways to go- but SO FAR it's easier than I thought it would be!

No comments: